Rufus is a simple utility designed to help you format and bootable usb software with Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7 systems, as well as also supports the most popular versions of Linux. It offers interesting alternatives execution and like any tool of its kind, Rufus also has options to set the format type and check for errors on the device.
Rufus bootable usb software download
Rufus is compatible to install multiple operating systems not only windows from USB are Arch Linux, ArchBang, BartPE / pebuilder, Damn Small Linux, Fedora, FreeDOS, Gentoo, GParted, gNewSense, Hiren’s Boot CD , LiveXP, Knoppix, KolibriOS, Kubuntu, Linux Mint, NT Password Registry Editor, OpenSUSE, Parted Magic, Partition Wizard, Raspbian, ReactOS, refind, Slackware, Tails, Trinity Rescue Kit, Ubuntu , Ultimate Boot CD,
Use Rufus bootable usb software
To open it whenever you want, simply double-click it as you did in step 2 above. With the program already open:
- Enter the USB. Rufus detects it and shows you above his name and his letter, under the text “Device” (in the example image it is called USB (F :), but you can put something else). Check that the USB appears. If not, make sure it is well connected and has no problem. You should close other programs that you may have open until the process is complete. This is faster and helps prevent crashes.
- Locate a disk icon at the bottom of the window. It is to the right of the text “Create boot disk with …” (see the image above to know where). Click on that icon.
- The Windows folder explorer opens. Use it to find the one containing the Windows ISO that it is. Double-click it when you find it.
- Go to the “New Tag” field that is slightly higher in the main window of Rufus. Click on the blank box below. Delete whatever is in it and write something like “Windows USB [your version]” (for example Windows 8). That will be the name you will display in My Computer or Computer. So you will never have doubts about what it contains. Leave the other settings as they are.
- Press down the button Start .
- A window warns you that everything in the USB will be erased as I said before. Click OK to give cognizance.
- Wait until the message “Operation performed” is displayed below. Close the program window.