Rename Bulk files – Power Rename is a Microsoft Windows Power Toys program to add in the context menu for renaming files and folder based on the regular expression. It is a very simple and nice look extension for bulk rename files windows 10. When you will type a new name in replace with a textbox, you will immediately see the preview. It will show you a nice and easy way to see the preview of the operation.
Rename Bulk files using Windows 10 PowerToys
PowerToys – PowerToys as the name suggest that it allows the user to perform the powerful operation without going in deep of Windows. It allows the user to control the complex situation regarding renaming the different objects in the Windows environment. Microsoft is providing different power toys to enhance the experience of the user with a separate .msi installer which is free to download.
Now see a simple demonstration that how Rename Bulk files using Windows 10 PowerToys works
What you can do with Power Rename
- You can add a new text, remove text, or change in text in the file name(s)
- You can also apply case sensitive filter to rename
- You can even delete specific number, word, character, special symbols, or letters
- You can also change extension’s name if required
- You can apply the bulk operation on the file name(s) and extension(s)
Silent Feature of Power Rename
- It is freeware software from Microsoft
- Very nice and simple interface
- Outstanding performance and speed
- A perfect utility for customizing file name(s)
- A lightweight application
Powerful Feature of Power Rename
- You can undo rename operation, before exiting the program.
- It has the ability to rename different folders, subfolders, extensions and file names at once.
- You can preview the rename operation, before confirmation
- It has the ability to use regular expressions with wild cards
- Rename folders, subfolders, extensions and file names in a case sensitive format
- You can exclude files, folders, and subfolder items
- You can just focus on Item name or extension only
Input criteria for Rename Bulk files
- Search for – Type here which you want to search, it may be text, number, and anything
- Replace with – Type here which you want to replace with above type text etc.
Search Options for Power Rename
- Use Regular Expressions – It will help you to search with * . ^ $ + \s etc, you can apply bulk search.
- Case Sensitive – Filter your search results based on the same letter with small and capital word separately
- Match All Occurrences – It will replace the text in the Replace text typed, with search results.
- Exclude Files – You can skip file(s) to apply the current operation
- Exclude Folders – You can skip folder(s) to apply the current operation
- Exclude Subfolder Items – You can skip subfolder(s) to apply the current operation
- Enumerate Items – It will help you to appends the numeric number after the file name
- Item Name Only – You can handle only file name, not the extension.
- Item Extension Only – You can only handle the extension, not filename
Rename Bulk files using Windows Power Toys is a newly added Power Rename which makes it possible to rename different files, folders, and subfolders using search and replace methods. Microsoft designed its own installer .msi for the settings. You can simply click on the PowerToySetup.msi link to download it.