Acer Aspire ES1-511 Touchpad – Acer Aspire ES1-511 has an issue to stop touchpad working. It is happened due when you are using an old BIOS version or touchpad setting is changed in BIOS or disable touchpad from keyboard shortcut key or after installing a fresh copy of Windows 10 or another version. The said happens are mostly caused to stop touchpad of different versions of Acer Aspire E, ES, ES1, E15, ES15, V3, R3, SA5, E5, R7, VN7, R5, F5, and some others.
Acer Aspire ES1-511 Touchpad
Acer Aspire ES1-511 Touchpad fix is simple; in case your BIOS is already updated. It can be your Laptop is using old BIOS so first of all the guidance is about how to update Acer Aspire E, ES, ES1, E15, ES15, V3, R3, SA5, E5, R7, VN7, R5, F5, and some others versions. I am going to explain how to update Acer Aspire ES1-511 Update BIOS.
Check Settings Before BIOS Update
- Before, BIOS update please reboot your Laptop and press the F2 key when the BIOS logo appears. Enter into BIOS setting and press right button and go to “Main” menu, if there is an option of “Touchpad” then just check it is showing “Basic”, if not just simply press down arrow key, and press Enter key on “Touchpad” and change [Advance] setting to [Basic] now save setting and exit from the BIOS.
- When your Laptop show Windows Desktop, move your mouse to check for its working if it is still not working now press and hold FN+F7 key. On the F7 key, you will see the following logo. If the logo is another key then press the key, but the first press and hold the FN key.
Initiate Step to Update BIOS
If the “Touchpad” setting is not showing then, open your Web Browser and copy and paste the following link for Aspire ES1-511. If you are using another Acer laptop, you can Google it, with Acer laptop name and “BIOS” keyword.
You will see a list with four-plus sign buttons, such as Driver, Documents, BIOS/Firmware, and application. Just click on BIOS/Firmware, you will see Update GOP driver with its current version. Just click on the “Download” button to download BIOS of Acer Aspire ES1-511.
- Plug charger to your Laptop (MUST)
- Unzip the downloaded BIOS
- Double click to open the .exe file, and follow the instruction
- You Laptop will reboot.
When your Laptop will reboot, it will install the updated version of BIOS, so be patient and don’t unplug, or press any key while in process. After a successful BIOS installation, your Laptop will reboot and press F2 to enter BIOS settings. When the BIOS screen appears
- Press Right Arrow key button and go to the “Main” menu
- In the Main menu, you will “Touchpad:”
- In front of “Touchpad:” if it is [Basic] then exit from the BIOS setup
If it is [Advance], press enter and choose “Basic” and save setting and exit from the BIOS setup. When you reach a desktop of Windows, check mouse is working. If not working press FN+F7 key to enable aspire es1-511 touchpad.
If you are using Windows 10 version, then you don’t need to install Synaptics touchpad driver. If you are using Windows 8 version you have to install Synaptics touchpad driver. You can download Synaptics touchpad driver from the above BIOS download link. Before the download of Synaptics touchpad driver, you should choose the operating system to Windows 8. Acer Aspire ES1-511 doesn’t support Windows 32-bit version.